GEOMETRY MODELING AND PREPARATION FOR MESHING TFG
AIAA CFD High Lift Prediction Workshop
Geometry and Mesh Generation Workshop
The following gives the current membership of this Technology Focus Group (TFG).
Names are given in alphabetical order, and Participant IDs (PIDs) are assigned for each name.
(The PIDs may not be contiguous or in numerical order, as individuals may drop out and teams will use only one PID.)
if you have a correction.
If you are part of a team, please choose one member's PID that you will all use, and let us know.
Note that if you are a member of more than one TFG, you will have a different PID for each.
When submitting results, you should include your PID as an identifier
in all of your data submittal files.
If you submit multiple sets of results to one TFG (for example, using different
codes, different turbulence models, etc.), then append ".1", ".2", ".3", etc. in
order to distinguish between them.
E.g., if your PID is G-001, you would use G-001.1, G-001.2, G-001.3, etc. for multiple submission variants.
Each TFG has developed a list of Key Questions (KQs) that it will strive to answer for the purpose of the
workshop. These are also listed below.
TFG-specific documents (if any) are also provided here.
Geometry Modeling and Preparation for Meshing
- CHAIR: Gammon, Mark (ITI) PID: G-001
- Clark, Adam (Boeing) PID: G-002
- Dannenhoffer, John (Syracuse University) PID: G-003
- Jones, William (NASA Langley) PID: G-004
- Lacy, Douglas (Boeing) PID: G-005
- Taylor, Nigel (MBDA) PID: G-006
- Beall, Mark (Simmetrix, Inc.) PID: G-007
- Bogstad, Mark (U Wyoming) PID: G-008
- Contractor, Krishna (AneCom) PID: G-009
- Crippa, Simone (Airbus) PID: G-010
- Gurram, Harika (Texas Advanced Computing Center, U of Texas Austin) PID: G-012
- Hanke, Jeremy (Siemens Digital Industries) PID: G-021
- Marcon, Julian (NASA Ames) PID: G-013
- Sahai, Mrigank (Entuple Technologies Pvt. Ltd.) PID: G-015
- Skaperdas, Vangelis (BETA CAE Systems) PID: G-016
- Slaughter, James (Imperial College London) PID: G-017
- Sonakar, Prashant Sureshrao (ESI-OpenCFD Ltd.) PID: G-018
- Yasuda, Hidemasa (Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.) PID: G-020
- What problems are encountered when building a CFD model from its various
isolated constituent component geometry files?
- What geometry-related surface meshing issues are encountered when meshing complex CFD geometries?
- What are the difficulties in using 3D scan data of an physical model in the
CFD mesh generation workflow?
Documents and Geometry Files
Return to: TFG List and Associated Documents Top Page
Return to: High Lift Prediction Workshop Home Page
Recent significant updates:
01/04/2021 - Initial PID assignment
12/01/2020 - Posted links to geometry files
11/03/2020 - Posted Geometry_challenge-desc_pq-8-Oct-2020_v1.pdf
Privacy Act Statement
Responsible NASA Official:
Last Updated: 01/21/2022