HIGH ORDER DISCRETIZATION TFG
AIAA CFD High Lift Prediction Workshop
Page under construction
The following gives the current membership of this Technology Focus Group (TFG).
Names are given in alphabetical order, and Participant IDs (PIDs) are assigned for each name.
(The PIDs may not be contiguous or in numerical order, as individuals may drop out and teams will use only one PID.)
if you have a correction.
If you are part of a team, please choose one member's PID that you will all use, and let us know.
Note that if you are a member of more than one TFG, you will have a different PID for each.
When submitting results, you should include your PID as an identifier
in all of your data submittal files.
If you submit multiple sets of results to one TFG (for example, using different
codes, different turbulence models, etc.), then append ".1", ".2", ".3", etc. in
order to distinguish between them.
E.g., if your PID is H-001, you would use H-001.1, H-001.2, H-001.3, etc. for multiple submission variants.
Each TFG has developed a list of Key Questions (KQs) that it will strive to answer for the purpose of the
workshop. These are also listed below.
TFG-specific documents (if any) are also provided here.
High Order Discretization (meshing and CFD)
- CHAIR: Karman, Steve (Pointwise) PID: H-001
- CHAIR: Galbraith, Marshall (MIT) PID: H-004
- Dey, Saikat (DoD CREATE-FT) PID: H-002
- Eiseman, Peter (GridPro) PID: H-003
- Glasby, Ryan (U Tennessee / JCIS) PID: H-005
- Loseille, Adrien (Inria) PID: H-006
- Wang, Z. J. (U Kansas) PID: H-007
- Ahmad, Nashat (NASA LaRC) PID: H-008
- Allan, Mark (Zenotech) PID: H-009
- Chakravarthy, Sukumar (Metacomp Technologies) PID: H-010
- Hirsch, Charles (NUMECA International) PID: H-011
- Imlay, Scott (Tecplot) PID: H-021
- Le Gouez, Jean-Marie (ONERA / DAAA / DEFI Chatillon) PID: H-012
- Lohry, Mark (Princeton) PID: H-013
- Marcon, Julian (NASA Ames) PID: H-014
- Nguyen, Ngoc Cuong (MIT) PID: H-015
- Peraire, Jaime (MIT) PID: H-016
- Reza Ahrabi, Behzad (Boeing) PID: H-017
- Roca, Xevi (Barcelona Supercomputing Center) PID: H-018
- Ruizgirones, Eloi (Barcelona Supercomputing Center) PID: H-019
- Thiry, Olivier (NUMECA International) PID: H-020
- How does the Y+ normal distance requirement vary between finite
volume vs. finite element/high order schemes?
- How does the normal growth rate affect the solutions in finite
volume and finite element/high order schemes?
- What mesh quality metrics are used to evaluate high order meshes?
- How well do the curved meshes conform to the actual geometry?
- What is the required spacing in the off-body regions for LES solutions
using finite volume and finite element schemes?
- How should the distance to the wall calculation for turbulence modeling
be performed for high order meshes?
Return to: TFG List and Associated Documents Top Page
Return to: High Lift Prediction Workshop Home Page
Recent significant updates:
01/04/2021 - Initial PID assignment
11/10/2020 - Added High_Order_Mesh_Metrics.pdf
11/03/2020 - Added HighOrderTFG_KeyQuestions_TestCases.docx file
Privacy Act Statement
Responsible NASA Official:
Last Updated: 02/10/2021